The marinade makes a savory statement in this grilled chicken recipe from our Test Kitchen home economists. It smells so good when cooking, your family and guests will be eager to try a piece.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Healthy Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and baste again; grill 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard unused marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Exotic Grilled Chicken in Backyard Grilling Hardcover 2006, p115
Reviews forExotic Grilled Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
"I followed the marinade exactly and the flavor was wonderful. I did,however, increase the grilling time just to be sure it was done."