Exotic Chicken Salad
Heidi Kinzie who was kind enough to share their home with us for a photo shoot and provide us with lunch gave this recipe to me. The salad was so good, I couldn't leave without the recipe! Pairs well with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Toasted flaked coconut
- In a blender container, combine cream of coconut, vinegar, mustard, salt and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes and nuts. Add dressing and toss well to combine. Serve in lettuce leaves and sprinkle with coconut.
Originally published as Exotic Chicken Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.