Everything Nice Nuts
I wasn't satisfied with any spiced nut recipes I tried, so I created my own crunchy concoction. They're great to take to a party or to give as a tasty holiday gift.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir; cook 30-60 seconds longer or until syrupy. Add nuts; stir to coat.
- Spread into a microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until syrup is bubbly. Immediately spread onto a greased baking sheet. Cool; break into pieces.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts0.330 cup: 341 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Everything Nice Nuts in Country Woman Christmas 2002