I wasn't satisfied with any spiced nut recipes I tried, so I created my own crunchy concoction. They're great to take to a party or to give as a tasty holiday gift.
Recommended: 15 Snickerdoodle Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Stir; heat 30-60 seconds longer or until syrupy. Add nuts; stir to coat. Spread into a microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 to 4-1/2 minutes or until syrup is bubbly. Immediately spread onto a greased baking sheet. When cool, break apart. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Everything Nice Nuts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p21
Reviews forEverything Nice Nuts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review