VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 day-old everything bagel, torn
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Pulse torn bagel in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Place 1/2 cup bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl; toss with panko, cheese and pepper flakes. (Save remaining bagel crumbs for another use.)
- In a microwave-safe shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 15-17 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Everything Bagel Chicken Strips in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018