Espresso Steak Rub
I’m always entering cooking contests and experimenting with big, bold flavor combinations. This espresso-laced spice rub is equal parts sweet, hot and exotic and is awesome for grilled ribeye. —Sandi Sheppard, Norman, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1/3 cup instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.