Espresso Cream Cake
“After a satisfying meal, I like to go with something light for dessert. This recipe combines two of our favorite flavors, coffee and chocolate, in a scrumptious cream that’s served alongside a slice of angel food cake. Yum.” —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir 1/2 cup cream into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream.
- Serve mascarpone cream with cake. Drizzle each serving with liqueur and dust with cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 1/3 cup cream and 1 tablespoon liqueur: 378 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Angel Food Cake with Espresso Mascarpone Cream in Taste of Home April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.