- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir 1/2 cup cream into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream.
- Serve mascarpone cream with cake. Drizzle each serving with liqueur and dust with cocoa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEspresso Cream Cake
"What could I substitute for the coffee liqueur? Would Torani coffee flavored syrup work? In the same amount?"