Escalloped Potato Casserole
It's a family tradition to have this potato casserole at Christmas, Easter, birthday parties...any time our family gets together. Mom always makes it, and we all look forward to it. A family gathering without it would not be complete. —Janaan Cunningham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Try substituting O'Brien potatoes for a little kick.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 187 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Escalloped Potato Casserole in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.