Escalloped Potato Casserole
It's a family tradition to have this potato casserole at Christmas, Easter, birthday parties...any time our family gets together. Mom always makes it, and we all look forward to it. A family gathering without it would not be complete. —Janaan Cunningham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley, paprika and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Try substituting O'Brien potatoes for a little kick.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 187 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Escalloped Potato Casserole in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook