Ensalada de Nopalitos
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) sliced cactus, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- In a large bowl, combine the cactus, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano and salt; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with queso fresco.
Originally published as Cactus Paddle Salad (Ensalada de Nopalitos) in Taste of Home's Mexican Recipe Cards
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.