Endive Watercress Salad
Two kinds of greens and cucumber and orange slices are coated with a light ginger dressing in this recipe.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 10 cups watercress
- 4 cups thinly sliced Belgian endive
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Divide watercress and endive among 10 salad plates. Arrange the oranges, cucumber and onion over salad greens. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 226 calories, 21g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Watercress and Endive Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009