- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, seasonings, cauliflower and broccoli. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream; stir in 1 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and the vegetable mixture. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEnd of Summer Vegetable Bake
"Loved this ! Some of my favorite veggies are in this and simple to put together."