“This recipe is always a hit! It's so flavorful without being over-the-top spicy.” You'll love the cheesy surprise inside the crust. Erin Weyant - New Paris, Pennsylvania
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces string cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise; place around edge of pan. Fold excess dough over string cheese; pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, green chilies and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Spread enchilada sauce over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chicken mixture; top with Mexican cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Chicken Pizza in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p66
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Enchilada Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review