- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces string cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise; place around edge of pan. Fold excess dough over string cheese; pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, green chilies and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Spread enchilada sauce over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chicken mixture; top with Mexican cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEnchilada Chicken Pizza
"We really liked this recipe. I think the crust would be good with other toppings, too."
"Very tasty and easy to make! My family loved the cheese-stuffed crust. However, the amount of taco seasoning called for in the recipe was too overpowering....next time I will cut the amount in half. I followed the recipe as written, but substituted light string cheese and reduced fat shredded cheeses with good results!"
"This is one of my husband's favorites...he requests it often! Low-fat cheese can be used to make it a bit healthier."
"Very good. A nice change from regular italian style pizza."
"I made this dish tonight for my family. It was absolutely delicious! I fed myself and husband and two kids ages 11 and 7, if you have teenagers or a larger family I would definately recommend making TWO of these pizza's. If my kids had larger appetites one would not have been enough to satisfy us all. My husband thought it was a little salty, I on the other hand thought it was perfect.I would definately make this dinner again or for company."