Enchilada Chicken Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces string cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise; place around edge of pan. Fold excess dough over string cheese; pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, green chilies and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Spread enchilada sauce over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chicken mixture; top with Mexican cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 519 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1309mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 19, 2014
We really liked this recipe. I think the crust would be good with other toppings, too.
Oct 22, 2011
Very tasty and easy to make! My family loved the cheese-stuffed crust. However, the amount of taco seasoning called for in the recipe was too overpowering....next time I will cut the amount in half. I followed the recipe as written, but substituted light string cheese and reduced fat shredded cheeses with good results!
Mar 22, 2010
This is one of my husband's favorites...he requests it often! Low-fat cheese can be used to make it a bit healthier.
Dec 5, 2009
Very good. A nice change from regular italian style pizza.
Oct 12, 2008
I made this dish tonight for my family. It was absolutely delicious! I fed myself and husband and two kids ages 11 and 7, if you have teenagers or a larger family I would definately recommend making TWO of these pizza's. If my kids had larger appetites one would not have been enough to satisfy us all. My husband thought it was a little salty, I on the other hand thought it was perfect.I would definately make this dinner again or for company.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.