Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place 3 tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 357 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2019
My husband and I didn’t like it because of the flour tortillas. Should use corn tortillas. He thought bottom tortillas were hard from the baking. I had leftovers next day and the tortillas were mushy, pretty gross. Also, it bubbled over onto the bottom of my oven the last 5-10 minutes, uncovered, in an 11x7 Pyrex.
Mar 23, 2019
Oh so very good. The leftovers were even better. I highly recommend.
Mar 1, 2019
Great recipe! My family loves things cheesy so I added more cheese and sour cream.
Oct 9, 2018
I change out black beans for pinto beans and omitted the Clintro as we don't care for it.
Jun 13, 2018
I added a diced bull pepper and a half can of rinsed corn and didn’t use cumin or the dressing because of the other reviews where people said it didn’t add to the flavor of the meal, it was awesome! I also used probably three cups of cheese and it was almost quesadilla like, very delicious and different for basically tacos or burritos, my five kids ate every bite!
May 3, 2018
Loved this recipe. Made it for my husband's poker buddies. They gobbled it up! I did use more sour cream than called for but that only made the dish more creamy. Used a little more Mexican blend cheese than called for. I did add the Italian dressing and didn't see that it altered the dish adversely. I will definitely make this dish again. Served shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole and extra salsa on the side. Also served a corn salad which was made ahead.
Feb 13, 2018
I loved this recipe! The flavors are great. I made this exactly as stated and wouldn't change a thing!
Nov 22, 2017
I have made this several times and it never disappoints. I generally buy the burrito size tortillas since one will fit nicely in the bottom of my round casserole dish. I then place half the burger mixture on it and layer it with one more tortilla and finish as directed. So easy and quick to make.
Aug 13, 2017
I've made this twice. I think I used corn tortillas the first time and liked it better than with flour. I used about 1 1/2 cups of cheese instead of just 1 cup, and my family thought it needed more cheese. Next time I will use less cumin and will leave out the Italian dressing. Someone mentioned 3 layers of tortillas. I'm pretty sure it's just 2 layers. I placed 1 tortilla in the middle and tore the others to make them fit. I ended up only using 5 tortillas.
May 1, 2017
This was a perfect recipe for my son to make who is learning to cook. He did it all himself following the well written directions. It really was a tasty dish, and the presentation was lovely. Son was quite proud of himself---even took a picture to email a friend! I told him he will have to fix it again for Cinco de Mayo! Thanks for sharing.