- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEnchilada Casser-Ole!
"I loved this recipe! The flavors are great. I made this exactly as stated and wouldn't change a thing!"
"I've made this twice. I think I used corn tortillas the first time and liked it better than with flour. I used about 1 1/2 cups of cheese instead of just 1 cup, and my family thought it needed more cheese. Next time I will use less cumin and will leave out the Italian dressing. Someone mentioned 3 layers of tortillas. I'm pretty sure it's just 2 layers. I placed 1 tortilla in the middle and tore the others to make them fit. I ended up only using 5 tortillas."
"This was a perfect recipe for my son to make who is learning to cook. He did it all himself following the well written directions. It really was a tasty dish, and the presentation was lovely. Son was quite proud of himself---even took a picture to email a friend! I told him he will have to fix it again for Cinco de Mayo! Thanks for sharing."
"I used corn tortillas instead of flour. Omitted the Italian dressing. I also added a can of refried beans and stirred the sour cream in meat/bean mixture."
"I made this for a neighborhood get-together, and it was a big hit. I will definitely make it again! I had 8 tortillas, so I made a third layer. I also had ground Elk, and used it instead of beef. It has very little fat. I used 2 cups of cheese. Thanks for sharing."
"Left out the Italian dressing. Used corn tortillas. Did not use enough. I only made one layer of torn tortillas. Next time I would use more. Since I suspected there weren't enough I sprayed tortillas and baked them the last 5 minutes of the casserole so we had chips. I added refried beans along with the black beans and stirred in Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also used ground turkey instead of beef. We loved it."
"Since it's the first time I made this, I followed directions exactly as written, made no modifications. It was good, but the Italian dressing clashed with the rest of the flavors and I didn't care for that bit. Will make again and omit dressing."
"Great casserole! Everybody loves it. We typically make this dish for families with new babies or people who have had surgeries, etc. And we always get asked for the recipe. It's delicious!"