- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- Additional corn chips, optional
- Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Crumble beef over onion and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring once; drain.
- Stir in the tomato juice, tomato paste, green chilies and sauce mix. Spread half of beef mixture in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with crushed corn chips and remaining cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional corn chips if desired.
1 cup: 483 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1245mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.