- 2 cups shredded unpeeled apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts. Combine dry ingredients; add to mixing bowl. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients. Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture. Fill 18 greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Yield: 18 muffins.
Reviews forEmpire State Muffins
"Absolutely delicious muffins. I used a bit more apple than called for, but it worked. Will make again."
"These muffins are full of flavor and incredibly moist. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes!"
"I also took these into work and never had any left."
"Took these to work and had three people ask for the recipe. VERY good.Janet in Michigan"