- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake until well mixed; set aside. Place spinach in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, pour dressing over spinach and toss gently. Garnish with crumbled bacon and egg slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forEmily's Spinach Salad
"Flavor was not good. Curry was strong as was the taste of oil."
"best spinach salad EVER"
"Recipes are just a guide and you make them to your own taste. Excellent as it stands. Tried it as is but then cut the oil. Thank you Emily. This is a winner. Top the salad with thin slices of grilled smoked duck breast and you have a main course to die for"
"Simple and good!"
"Sounds good but what exactly is "seasoned" pepper? Would love to make this!"
"I have used half iceberg and half spinach. This dressing is very good and I love the curry, garlic additions. Very, very nice."
"This recipe is not new. A couple of small changes is all it took."
"can for you keep the dressing for awhile in fridge ?"
"I, also, have been making this for years and passed the recipe along to many. Everyone LOVES it!!!"