- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small head red cabbage (about 3/4 pound), shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk together the first seven ingredients until smooth. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Combine cabbage, carrots and green onions; toss with lime mixture to lightly coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEmily's Honey Lime Coleslaw
"Made this light and tasty coleslaw to pair with this issue's slow cooker Root Beer Pulled pork Nachos. I love the cilantro and green onion mixed with a lighter sauce. It's like skipping the heavy cream salad dressing and using an oil-based dressing instead! I love that it's about 140 calories less per serving than regular coleslaw. I can eat a bit more and not feel guilty! I think this would also be a great pairing with a recipe I have used for years from Simple and Delicious (fish tacos). I'm excited to use it there as well. Props to Emliy for a light and delicious version of coleslaw!"
"Nice change from the traditional creamy coleslaw! The dressing is light, delicious and perfect in the summer! I added a bit more honey, but kept everything else the same. This one is a keeper. The possibilities are endless.... perfect for a summer cookout, BBQ, tacos....... or anytime! I will definitely make this again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"What a yummy twist on coleslaw. I did not add the whole amount of cilantro. Love the dressing. I served it with Bacon Cheeseburger sliders."
"Enjoyed this slaw last night; ate more than 1/2 cup!!!! The honey-lime dressing is delicious and refreshing. I added a few more scallions to the mix and substituted parsley for the cilantro.This recipe is a keeper."
"I loved the light sweetness here and the tangy lime flavors. The red cabbage makes it so pretty. I served this slaw as a topping on some pork tacos and it was a perfect match. This will be my new go-to slaw recipe just on it's own, or as an accompaniment to any soft taco, pulled pork sandwich, or burger!"
"This was fresh, a little sweet and definitely so much lighter than traditional cole slaw. Loved it."