Emerald Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium tart green apples, cubed
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, orange juice and peel. Spoon over fruit; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 136 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Apr 12, 2014
A lovely fruit combination and nice dressing. You definitely need to eat it up soon after you toss it together. I served it at a ladies breakfast today and it was a hit but the leftovers were way too sloppy by lunch. So, eat it all up shortly after you make it! It looked very pretty and spring like with the green colours.
Dec 20, 2009
I took this to a pot-luck at work in the summer and received many compliments & requests for the recipe. This winter I wasn't able to get fresh kiwi or honeydew and substitued strawberries, pears and Washington apples instead and it was still quite good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.