Elvis’s Banana Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining toast slices; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 685 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 10, 2015
These ate delicious!! . I've been making banana sandwiches for years and never thought about using banana bread for the bread slices. I always used whole wheat bread. It was great with the banana bread.
Jan 15, 2012
It is missing bacon. I had an Elvis special at a pub that Elvis visited in Wiesbaden Germany that made then for him made with Bauernbrot,bananas, peanut butter and bacon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.