Elvis’s Banana Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining toast slices; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 685 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 10, 2015
These ate delicious!! . I've been making banana sandwiches for years and never thought about using banana bread for the bread slices. I always used whole wheat bread. It was great with the banana bread.
Jan 15, 2012
It is missing bacon. I had an Elvis special at a pub that Elvis visited in Wiesbaden Germany that made then for him made with Bauernbrot,bananas, peanut butter and bacon.