I love the flavors of peanut butter and banana together, and this slow cooker pudding cake is just like eating an Elvis sandwich, only sweeter! Banana chips add a surprisingly crunchy texture; find them near the dried fruit in your grocery store. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Featured In: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped dried banana chips
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding peanut butter before mixing. Pour over pudding. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter chips; cover and let stand until partially melted, 15-20 minutes. Top with banana chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Elvis' Pudding Cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p91