Elk Meat Chili Recipe
"The longer this hearty chili simmers, the better it tastes!" remarks field editor Jo Maasberg of Farson, Wyoming. "It's a cold-weather favorite at our ranch."
- 2 pounds ground elk or buffalo meat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook elk, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings
1 cup: 307 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Elk Meat Chili
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC