Elegant Weeknight Chicken for Two
“While this tasty chicken bakes, I make a salad with arugula, basil, red onion and plum tomatoes with a lemon vinaigrette.” Iliana Davila - Bear, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the asparagus in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine wine and butter; pour over asparagus.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Oct 12, 2012
THe chicken turns out really moist but the asparagus get too mushy for me. I made it again without And steamed vegetables on the side.I like to keep covered for most of the cooking time so the chicken doesn't dry out. Yum!