Elegant Smoked Salmon Strata Recipe
- 4 cups cubed ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon or lox, coarsely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Creme fraiche or sour cream and minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with butter and oil; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses, onions and salmon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with creme fraiche and chives. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 359 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Elegant Smoked Salmon Strata
"Loved this recipe! I substituted goat cheese and cream cheese plus added dill. I would make this over and over again!"
"didn't think it was worth the time it look to make. just okay in my opinion"