This is an excellent way to provide an easy, nutrition-packed side dish with any meal. It's a personal favorite since I grew Swiss chard in my garden.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Recommended: 28 Impressive Holiday Roast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Add Swiss chard. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Roasted Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p41