- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (24.3 ounces) Philadelphia ready-to-serve cheesecake filling
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- Unroll each sheet of pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, beat the pie filling, milk and eggs until smooth; pour into crusts. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheesecake filling, whipped topping and salt. Spread over pies; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Reviews forElegant Pumpkin Pie
"This sounds interesting, however I'd like to try it without all the prepackaged prepared products."
"i agree; less topping and more pumpkin; it was a little too rich and the two textures contrasted a little much. Still, very good and I liked the glazed pecan topping."
"I want to make this pie but have not been able to find the Philadelphia ready to serve Cheesecake filling. I assume it is in the refrigerated section. DId anyone else have trouble finding this product?"
"I made two pies but found there to be too much cheesecake topping & not enough pumpkin filling. But did not stop me from having two slices. I would suggest more filling & less topping."
"I tried this recipe.. It is interesting & delicious..."