Elegant Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/TotalTime: 30 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium heat; set aside. In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the soup, milk, rice and seasonings. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 525 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1147mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 9, 2017
Sep 10, 2014
Delicious and very easy to make. I sometimes sprinkle on a little shredded cheese the last few minutes .
Oct 3, 2013
Delicious and super easy dish to make. I had left over Rice a Roni and used it instead of instant rice. I also used half & half and bone in pork chops. The meat was very moist, tender and very flavorful.Field Editor
Mar 17, 2012
Great recipe that I will make again. I used greenbeans to cut down on the calories and carbs. The greenbeans were frozen and I cooked them in water about 10 min. Next time I will try them frozen.
Mar 15, 2011
I add a can of musrooms (undrained) and "herbes d providence" seasoning to the rice. I also use regular rice instead of instant. Whole family loves it.
Mar 12, 2011
Use this quite often. For a change I add a dash of Chinese 5 spice, adds a different taste. Do not add too much all at once, taste and if you feel you want more 5 spice, add some more. Yummy to the tummy.
Feb 2, 2011
Very simple to make - just enough for the two of us - the pork chops stayed very moist
Jan 30, 2011
I like this and everyone cook it for likesit.
Sep 3, 2009
This is one of my favorite meals. It's fast and easy to throw together on a busy night. I also make it often when I take a meal to someone.