Elegant Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley; and nutmeg if desired.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 24, 2015
Wow - this was a delicious soup! I added 1/4 cup dry rice to the broth. It was so tasty and filling. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 26, 2015
fast and easy, healthy too!
Mar 14, 2013
Delicious! I wasn't sure about the nutmeg, but it was good in it! I used more mushrooms and thickened it with a little flour/water mixture. Hubby loved it!
Jan 29, 2013
This is delicious and very easy to make ! After having this, it's hard to ever eat the canned soup again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.