Elegant Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley; and nutmeg if desired.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2019
This was an easy and delicious soup. I followed the recipe and added celery salt instead of regular salt. My husband loved it.
Nov 24, 2015
Wow - this was a delicious soup! I added 1/4 cup dry rice to the broth. It was so tasty and filling. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 26, 2015
fast and easy, healthy too!
Mar 14, 2013
Delicious! I wasn't sure about the nutmeg, but it was good in it! I used more mushrooms and thickened it with a little flour/water mixture. Hubby loved it!
Jan 29, 2013
This is delicious and very easy to make ! After having this, it's hard to ever eat the canned soup again.