Elegant Holiday Ham Glaze
For a sweet and tasty glaze to add to your Easter ham, try this tasty glaze. The citrus makes it so delicious.—Hormel, Horst Kruppa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- Juice and grated peel of 1 orange
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sweet red wine or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Drippings from a baked ham, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- 2 tablespoons cold water, optional
- In a saucepan, combine orange and lemon juices and peel, wine or cranberry juice, corn syrup and mustard. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add the cranberry sauce and ham drippings if desired; heat through. If a thicker glaze is desired, bring just to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to glaze. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve warm over sliced ham.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Elegant Holiday Ham Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.