Elegant Dipped Cherries Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Pat cherries dry with paper towels and set aside. In a bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, unsweetened chocolate and cream. Stir in the confectioners' sugar.
- 2. Knead until smooth. Roll into 18 balls; flatten each into a 2-in. circle. Wrap each circle around a cherry and lightly roll in hands. Place cherries, stem side up, in a shallow paper-lined container. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 3. The day before serving, remove the cherries from freezer. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth.
- 4. Holding onto the stem, dip each cherry into vanilla mixture; set on waxed paper to dry. Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the candies. Refrigerate until firm. Store candies in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Elegant Dipped Cherries
"These are delish and always look so pretty. They are a holiday tradition at our house."
"I make these every year by request. Always a favorite."
"These are beautiful and delicious."