- 9 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews forElegant Cranberry Pear Salad
"Loved, loved, loved this salad. I could not stop eating it. Kept going back for more. These ingredients are a great combination. Even if you think you won't like it, I bet you will. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This salad was gobbled up by both groups it was served to. We used a fork to mash the blue cheese into small "crumbles" instead of just breaking it up. Everyone loved it and no one said I don't like blue cheese! One person wanted the whole salad bowl as her serving. Sharing it with family & friends."