Elegant Chicken Marsala
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the wine, parsley and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese if desired.
1 each: 281 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat.
Sep 12, 2017
This dish is absolutely delicious. Will add it to my menus to make on a somewhat regular basis.
Jan 17, 2015
Great recipe. I added a little extra oil when cooking the chicken and cooked the mushrooms in there afterwards. I also marinated the chicken in italian dressing from olive garden for about 15 minutes after flattening it. Will definitely use this again.
Jan 4, 2015
This dish is amazing! I also added garlic when cooking the chicken. Very easy to make. Served over egg noodles. Everyone enjoyed!
Nov 20, 2014
very good , i cut the chicken into bite size pieces and also add onions , and used Sherry instead of Marsala , gave it a sweet flavor ....
Nov 6, 2014
Still searching for a Chicken Marsala recipe that I really like
Jun 18, 2014
So delicious and so easy to prepare! I double the ingredients for the sauce and serve it over angel hair pasta.
Dec 31, 1969
Dec 31, 1969
soo tasty and easy
Feb 24, 2013
Very easy to make and tastes great. Will be a favorite of mine to make.
Jan 14, 2012
I completely doubled the recipe for a company dinner--it was fantastic, though total prep/cook time took me 1.5 hours. Since I had planned enough time to get it done, all went well.