A citrusy splash of lemon brightens fresh Elegant Broccoli, a mouthwatering side dish from Sarah Smith of Edgewood, Kentucky. “It's extremely easy to throw together in a few microwave minutes, and that's especially useful when the entrée is more elaborate,” she says. “Plus, everyone loves it!”—Sarah Smith, Edgewood, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place broccoli and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until warmed, stirring once. Serve over broccoli.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.