Elegant Brie Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, Triple Sec and orange peel.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place on a greased baking sheet; place cheese in center of dough. Spoon onion and 1/2 cup cranberry mixture over the top; sprinkle with pecans. Fold dough over cheese and pinch edges to seal. Brush top and sides with egg. Cut slits in top.
- 4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and remaining cranberry mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice with about 4 teaspoons sauce (calculated without crackers): 298 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.