Elbow Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next five ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add bacon and toss.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 414 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 11, 2009
Kroger stores at times, has what they call chedder and sour cream macaroni salad which i love and is this recipe without the bacon. I'll make this one! Thanks. Sherri1219
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.