- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next five ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forElbow Macaroni Salad
"Kroger stores at times, has what they call chedder and sour cream macaroni salad which i love and is this recipe without the bacon. I'll make this one! Thanks. Sherri1219"