Eggs with Feta and Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Transfer eggs to serving plates; top with asparagus, bacon and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 448mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 12, 2015
Quite tasty. The only difference I made was scrambling the eggs.
Feb 9, 2010
I've been making this recipe since it appeared in 2007 - it is probably my daughter's favourite meal (and since she's going to university next year - it's easy enough for her to make herself) - totally excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.