Eggs to Go
Christine Smoot of Childress, Texas sends her handy ham and cheese packed egg “muffins” that are extremely kid-friendly. She writes, “My children would always grab one of these on the way out the door to catch the bus.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped deli ham
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as "Omelet on the Go" in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007
Apr 16, 2012
This was dry and lacked flavour.
Nov 11, 2010
Made this for the teachers and helpers at VBS. Was supposed to make it for one day and ended up making them every day! I used cooked diced bacon one day.