- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forEggs Royale
"we make this for sepcial ocations birthdays and Christmas. Very good! Some times we use sausage instead of bacon."