My aunt gave this recipe to me after she served it at a wedding brunch. With muffins and fresh fruit, it's now my favorite breakfast entree. My hobbies are cooking and collecting cookbooks. In fact, I've collected so many books my dad built a bookshelf especially for them.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 255 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Eggs Royale in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.