Eggs Florentine Cups
I’m always looking for creative ways to use up the baby spinach I have in my fridge. I’m also a fanatic about making sure my children get a nutritious breakfast. So I make these up the night before, bake them in the morning and breakfast is done! If there are any leftovers, I reheat them for a quick lunch or dinner. —Jan Charles, Greeneville, TN
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 slices deli ham, 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press ham slices into the bottom and up the sides of 6 greased foil muffin cup liners; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add spinach; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until wilted. Divide spinach mixture among ham cups. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cream, 1 teaspoon of cheese and a dash of salt and pepper. Break 1 egg into each cup.
- Bake until eggs are set, 15-17 minutes.