- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach. Spoon vegetable mixture over sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended; pour egg mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheeses and paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until the center is set and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEggs Florentine Casserole
"Delicious and easy! I blend a little bit of cottage cheese with the eggs and use less milk. This is a keeper!"
"Yum! So glad I added a can of green chilies to give this some kick. I only had a 16oz bag of spinach, so I baked mine for 15 minutes at 375, then another 35 minutes at 350 and it was perfectly done. Definitely keeping this one around."
"Very good. I make it for a church brunch and it went over very well. I put it together the night before and baked in the morning. I did add three shredded potatoes for a little extra body and baked as directed."
"I made this when friends came over for breakfast and it was delicious. It got rave reviews."
"I loved this recipe and so did my family. I used mild italian instead of the pork sausage and it tasted great."
"Great recipe! I've made it multiple times now for group events, recovering family members (very nourishing), and make ahead breakfasts. It's also great for the low carb and gluten free family members. Win win!"
"We have vegetarians in our house, so I eliminated the sausage, and added extra mushrooms. It was a big hit!"
"Very yummy! It took longer to bake than I thought, so I think that 375 might better. And I added a little s&p."