These creamed eggs on toast get their rich, comforting flavor from a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with melted cheddar cheese. What a nice way to get the day going!—Edie Farm, Farmington, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimientos
- 4 pieces toast or 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Paprika or minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat soup over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Fold in eggs and pimientos; cook until heated through. Serve over toast or English muffins. Garnish with paprika or parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 486 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 1702mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Eggs Delmonico in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.