Eggs Benedict Baked Potato
This is a new way to do breakfast potatoes! This baked potato dish would be eggs-cellent for brunch or a breakfast-for-dinner evening! The options are endless, but one thing's for sure: Once you get a taste, you'll want more! —Becky Carver, North Royalton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices halved Canadian bacon, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared hollandaise sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake until tender, 50-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Top potatoes with Canadian bacon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley.