I've made this recipe for my family every Christmas morning for 10 years—it's a food tradition that we look forward to every year. Part of what makes this dish special is the croissants that make the egg bake extra light and fluffy. —Susan Triplett, Citrus Heights, California
Featured In: 13x9 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 6 croissants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with croissants and remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, green onions, onion powder, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare sauce according to package directions. Serve with casserole. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Benedict Bake with Bearnaise Sauce in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p40
Reviews forEggs Benedict Bake with Bearnaise Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2017
"I made this for a camping weekend. It was wonderful! I was asked for the recipe. Leftovers were equally as good reheated the next day."