Eggs a la Trish
By using English muffins instead of bread or rolls, this overnight breakfast dish becomes just a little bit heartier. I'll often switch it up and use different cheeses or meats and it always comes out perfect. —Mark Bohlke, Rosemount, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 3-1/4 cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, arrange six English muffin halves cut sides up. Cut remaining muffins in half; fill in spaces with muffin pieces. Top with cheese and Canadian bacon. Whisk remaining ingredients; pour over muffins. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 294 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Eggs ala Trish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.