Eggs a la Trish
By using English muffins instead of bread or rolls, this overnight breakfast dish becomes just a little bit heartier. I'll often switch it up and use different cheeses or meats and it always comes out perfect. —Mark Bohlke, Rosemount, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 3-1/4 cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, arrange 6 English muffin halves cut sides up. Cut remaining muffins in half; fill in spaces with muffin pieces. Top with cheese and Canadian bacon. Whisk remaining ingredients; pour over muffins. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.