This recipe has been passed down through the family, starting with my grandmother, who learned it from her neighbor. It's a delightful way to prepare eggplant.
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place with cut side down in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, eggs and onion. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1994, p49
Reviews forEggplant Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2010
"This recipe always generates a lot of comments when I serve it. People who say they never liked eggplant before like this. I often sprinkle croutons on the individual servings."