Eggplant Salad with Tomato and Goat Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Broil eggplant 3-4 inches from heat or grill, covered, over medium heat, until tender, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil and remaining salt and pepper. Toss arugula with remaining oil and divide among eight plates. Top each with eggplant, tomato mixture, and goat cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 115 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2018
Great flavor and so easy. The only thing I changed was to use sweet yellow onion instead of red onion. We’ll make this frequently and also try it using portobello mushrooms as suggested.